Are you ready for CBH’s Monthly Homeowner Tips? You won’t want to miss September’s tip!
Get ready to keep your home in tip-top shape!
Here at CBH, we love your home as much as you do and want to ensure that you’re keeping your home in uppermost shape! Even as the season’s change.
As always, we are here to help! Ready for the homeowner maintenance tips and tricks?
Get tips straight to your phone. Download the YouTube app and subscribe to our channel – Click Here
Every Tuesday, we post a video on our latest tip. We are shaking it up this week with the article, Your Fall Home Maintenance Checklist, from houzz.com.
With the weather changing, you’ll want to get these last minutes tips and tricks before the snow starts to fall and the air freezes!
Here’s a sneak peak of the checklist:
- Shut off exterior faucets and store hoses. Pipes freezing once temperatures drop are the worst, am I right? To ensure the protection of your pipes, shut off water to exterior faucets before the freezing weather hits. Also, make sure to drain hoses and store them indoors.
- Stock up on winter supplies. With a winter like last year, we all know this is a BIG one to check off our list. Get ahead of the game and stock up on ice melt, emergency kits for cars and your home and check the condition of your snow shovels!
- Vacuum radiators, baseboard heaters and grates. Clear away dust and grime to prepare for the heating season.
- Seal gaps where critters could enter. Keep mice out of your homes. Mice only need a tiny gap to sneak into your home and have a party in your pantry. With your warm, cozy home inviting all those little critters, make sure all small holes are filled and cover larger gaps.
- Care for trees and shrubs. While it is recommended to contact an arborist to properly care for your trees. Fall is the perfect time to watch your trees and shrubs to make sure they are in good health for the colder months.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Leaves will start to fall, and we have no control where they fall. Usually, they get trapped in your gutters and it can clog your gutters, which is bad news during a rainstorm. Make sure your gutters and downspouts are free of any debris.
- Schedule a chimney cleaning and heating system maintenance. “Making sure your chimney, furnace or boiler are cleaned, maintained and in working order before you need to turn on the heater is an important safety measure. And be sure to add a chimney cap if you don’t already have one – it will stop critters from crawling down your chimney!”
Read full article here. Check back next week for more tips from your CBH family!
Also, don’t forget our weekly video tips. This week are are demonstrating how to re-start your water heater!
Have you heard about Tip Tuesdays? Here’s how to get in the know – follow us on Facebook to ensure your home stays in tip-top shape. Every Tuesday you’ll find a new tip from Jammie and Dana with our Warranty Team. Also, regularly check-in on our Homeowner page to see what new videos and tips we have for you!