Tim & Brett’s Smart Home Tips for fall!
:: October 2015 ::
As we head into fall, see the leaves changing and the weather cooling, it’s time to check in with Tim & Brett on how to keep your home in tip-top shape.
TODAY’S TIP TUESDAY: Is the cooler weather bringing little pests in where it’s warm? Create your own bug repellant with a spray bottle, water, & 10% peppermint oil. It is also a plant repellant so be careful around greenery.
Stop right NOW. Follow us on Facebook to ensure your home stays in tip top shape. Every Tuesday you’ll find a new tip from Behrman & the Beard (our Construction Manager and the furry guy to his left a.k.a. our other Construction Manager).
Here are the Tip Tuesday tips from the past month:
- September 1 – The long weekend is a perfect time to do some early fall cleaning. Dispose of old paint cans and other flammable items in your garage that are no longer needed and plan a donation trip to the closest Idaho Youth Ranch or Good Will.
- September 8 – Time to start preparing for fall. Here is a simple checklist to help you make sure you’re ready for the changing seasons – http://bit.ly/1UArs3K
- September 15 – Did you know mulching your grass instead of bagging it when you mow will keep your yard luscious and green? See more ideas at Zamzows – www.zamzows.com.
- September 22 – Here’s a home savvy tip for you – keep stainless steel appliances and faucets clean by scrubbing them with a ½ cut lemon, or pick up stainless steel spray from the store.
- September 29 – Feeling the need to clean? Try using old (or new) dryer sheets to wipe dust from your baseboards. It will save you $$ on duster refills.
[Tweet “Check out all our awesome how-to warranty videos to help solve quick problems.”]
Don’t forget to ”Like” us on Facebook to stay up to date on all the latest homeowner tips, news, promotions and so much more!