Are you ready for CBH’s Monthly Homeowner Tips?
Get ready to keep your home in tip-top shape!
Here at CBH, we love your home as much as you do and want to ensure that you’re keeping your home in uppermost shape!
As always, we are here to help! Ready for the homeowner maintenance tips and tricks?
Get tips straight to your phone. Download the YouTube app and subscribe to our channel – Click Here
Every Tuesday, we post a video on our latest tip. We are shaking it up this week with an article about 11 tips for keeping your new home in tip-top shape, on revelist.com
According to Diana Gerstacker, these are the 11 tips you need to know as a homeowner.
- Read Up: Read the manuals on everything in your home, from the HVAC system to the hot water heater.
- Test Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors: Make sure to test these devices every month and replace the batteries every 6 months.
- Inspect the Fire Extinguisher: Did you know that they expire? Make sure to check it regularly. The only way it can save your life is if it works.
- Check Your Roof: A roof over your head is pretty important. Check for sagging and aging, missing shingles, check your attic ceiling for signs of water etc.
- Clean Your Gutters: I know I know, no one wants to clean out the gutters but when they are clean and allow water to move freely, they can prevent water damage and cracks in your foundation. Clean at least twice a year.
- Clear Out Your Dryer Vent: Neglecting to clean the dryer vent is an extreme fire hazard. It is recommended to clean after every use.
- Check Your Washing Machine Lines: Did you know that washing machines are one of the leading sources of water damage? Be sure to check the lines leading to the machine are tight.
- Have Your Chimney Inspected and Cleaned: It is recommended that your chimney is cleaned once a year.
- Trims Trees Regularly: Trimming trees regularly helps keep them happy and healthy but also prevents any hazards from occurring during storms.
- Maintain Your Water Heater: Make sure to clean out the build up and check for any leaks at once a year.
- Check Caulking: This material is important. It is around your windows, tubs and more. This is a total “do it yourself” type of project but don’t leave it unchecked. It can lead to water damage.
Read full article here. Check back next week for more tips from your CBH family!
Have you heard about Tip Tuesdays? Here’s how to get in the know – follow us on Facebook to ensure your home stays in tip-top shape. Every Tuesday you’ll find a new tip from Jammie and Dana with our Warranty Team. Also, regularly check-in on our Homeowner page to see what new videos and tips we have for you!