>The temperature is beginning to drop quickly just in time for Thanksgiving. We’re all starting to notice how the cold air and snow is effecting our houses, so CBH Homes came up with some hot tips for winterizing your house.
During the current winter weather conditions we recommend you do the following to protect your home:
- Close foundation vents around base of home when below 20º F, then open them once above 20º F.
- Leave a little water dripping from inside faucets.
- If you have plumbing that runs along an outside wall, be sure to leave cabinets open & wrap exposed pipes with insulation, as well as wrapping any exterior pipes with insulation.
- If your water heater is in the garage, keep the garage door closed.
- Disconnect hoses from outside the home.