On loan from our fabulous sales director, we are sharing a mouth watering dish, perfect for the holidays – Pumpkin Pie Cake. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce (can evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- whipped topping (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×13 inch pan (preferably metal).
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Melt the butter or margarine, and drizzle it over the cake mix. Sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until crust is gold brown. Serve with whipped topping.