Baby, let’s keep the cold outside.
During the current winter conditions, we recommend you do
the following to protect your home and avoid freezing pipes:
- Close foundation vents around the base of your home when the temperature is below 20 ºF
- If you have exposed plumbing make sure to wrap the exposed pipes with insulation
- Keep your garage doors closed, and the cold outside, especially if your water heater is located in the garage
- Make sure you sufficiently heat your home to prevent freezing of pipes – no lower than 55 ºF, even while on vacation
- Disconnect hoses from outside your home if you haven’t done so already