Baby, it’s Cold Outside – Hot Tips for Winterizing Your Home!
During the current winter weather conditions we recommend you do the following to protect your home and your pipes from freezing:
- Close foundation vents around the base of your home when the temperature is below 20º F then open them once above 20º F if they are around a water area (i.e. exterior hose spicket, etc.)
- Leave a little water dripping from inside faucets
- If you have plumbing that runs along an outside wall, be sure to leave cabinets open & wrap exposed pipes with insulation, as well as wrapping any exterior pipes with insulation
- If you water heater is in the garage, keep the garage door closed
- Disconnect hoses from outside the home