We were so excited to attend the 2021 Meridian State of the City Address, we couldn’t wait to share everything we learned from Mayor Simison!
With such a crazy last year, we were so thankful to be able to attend the Meridian State of the City Address in person to check out all of the communities updates!
2021 Meridian State of the City Address recap:
- Three highly prioritized issues for this year include: Transportation, Education & Public Safety
- As the city continues to grow, Public Safety and first responders response time has become a huge priority. The Mayor proposed 2 more joint police and fire stations!
- With the population of residents 65+ increasing, Mayor Simison addressed his intention of transitioning Meridian to an AARP Livable Community.
- Discovery Park – a 27 acre park off of Lake Hazel between Locust Grove and Eagle, will become even better by adding more pathways. They are also planning on improving roads near the park for better access.
- As the city grows, The Mayor is excited (we are too) to build more schools in order to continue to provide wonderful education.
- Transportation. Such a hot topic in the Meridian area which has some of the busiest road in Idaho! The City of Meridian JUST got approved $2.5 million to assist Idaho Transportation and Ada County Highway District as well launched a task force to take over this project!
Ready to call Meridian home?
Let us help you make the move the one of the safest and fastest growing cities! With 8 growing communities, there is sure to be one that you will love and be ready to call home! A few of our favorite communities:
BARAYA | Just minutes from the Ten Mile Exit and the Ten Mile Crossing, your dream home is only moments from freeway access and surrounded by shopping, dining, and entertainment opportunities. Click here to find a virtual tour of a Baraya home!
JUMP CREEK |Home of the North Ada Sales Center, Jump Creek offers larger homesites and QUICK access to city amenities including shopping, dining, and entertainment. With schools only moments away, your coffee fix and trip for groceries is a breeze.
RAPID CREEK | A brand new community, Rapid Creek provides a worry-free living environment creating more time for RELAXATION, family, and all the other important areas of your life.
PARKSIDE | This community your DREAM COME TRUE with a large open common area to picnic and play around, plus freeway access is only moments away to head wherever your heart desires.