Listen up folks, there’s a new mayor in town! Let’s recap his message for the 2020 Meridian State of the City Address.
As Mayor Tammy DeWeerd said goodbye as Meridian Mayor and welcomed Mayor Robert Simison, we were excited to hear how Mayor Simison will continue to make Meridian a great place to live in the Meridian State of the City Address.
2020 Meridian State of the City Address recap:
- Did you know that the city is debt free? The Mayor believe in saving before spending so that we invest wisely in our people and services.
- Public safety is a top priority and will begin construction on 2 more fire stations, along with 2 new police substations to better serve the community.
- Discovery Park – a 27 acre park off of Lake Hazel between Locust Grove and Eagle, will become even better by adding more pathways over the next 5 years. This park has amazing amenities such has 3 shelters available to rent. Furthermore they boast a concession stand, performance area, specialty gardens, and an off-leash dog park. We could write a whole novel on the amazing playground features but suggest you go and experience it for yourself! You can find multiple CBH communities near this hot spot; Golden Grove, Normandy, and Caden Creek!
- Growing Meridian even more. The Mayor is excited (we are too) to help push more business into downtown Meridian. They’ll be working on infill projects, and building the Old Town Lofts, which is projected to add 15,000 square feet of commercial and retail space!
- Transportation. Such a hot topic in the Meridian area which has some of the busiest road in Idaho! The Mayor is working on road improvements and wants to create a Linder overpass.
Ready to call Meridian home?
Let us help you make the move the one of the safest and fastest growing cities! With 12 communities ranging in options, there is one that you will love and be ready to call home! A few of our favorite communities:
BARAYA | The current location of our North Ada Sales Center, it’s minutes from the new Ten Mile Exit and the Ten Mile Crossing which will feature office, retail, restaurants, banks, and medical services! Click here to find a virtual tour of a Baraya home!
BRINEGAR | In the heart of Meridian and a short walk away from Chateau Park, this community is filling up fast and only has a few available homes remaining!
CAVANAUGH | Close to the Meridian exit, Cavanaugh is minutes from Roaring Springs and Wahooz, if you want to have some serious family fun! Not to mention great local restaurants from The Curb to Gramercy Park you’ll fall in love with the homes here.
GRAN PRADO | Currently the location of our South Ada Sales Center, this community has much to offer. City living amenities with a country feel, you’ll never get bored of the options in Gran Prado! Watch our golf cart tour of Gran Prado here: